Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day Seven

Walterboro is a nice little historic town with an 'Artisan's Center' where local artists exhibit their work for sale. I decided on a later start Friday so I could visit this place which only opened at 10.

While I was really impressed with the craftsmanship and originality of most of the pieces, nothing really caught my fancy except some jewelry I bought for my catsitter as a thank you.

I then took off, determined to make it to the vicinity of Fredericksburg, Virginia, that night.

Even with this in mind, I took it fairly easy all day, stopping often. Somewhere in North Carolina I saw a sign that said "WIGS! Exit 40!" and I eagerly followed them to a fantastic wig outlet where I bought the hair of my dreams for a truly low price (about 4 times less than what I would have paid at a shop here). I regret not picking up some shorter wigs. Doh.

Using my trusty motel guide, I decided to stop in Ashland, just before Fredericksburg, where I stayed in a cruddy but okay Super 8 Motel.

No comments: